Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Solved How to retrieve the name of an extracted Base64 file?

More
26 Aug 2016 14:49 - 26 Aug 2016 14:50 #11 by Josserand BRINON
Replied by Josserand BRINON on topic How to retrieve the name of an extracted Base64 file?
Yes it is the File metadata, sorry.
So, I've followed your advice, it works perfectly.

(Here, what I called PATH_BASE64 is nammed AEL_PATH_BASE64.)

Thank you again.
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Aug 2016 14:50 by Josserand BRINON.
More
29 Aug 2016 11:35 #12 by Josserand BRINON
Replied by Josserand BRINON on topic How to retrieve the name of an extracted Base64 file?
:unsure: Hum, actually, it seems that it is not the correct behaviour.
It still works, but my files are extracted to the Stambia temp directory, and not where I want.

Here is the path of my 2 example files:

I guess there is something wrong about the visibily of the parameter, but I don't know what. I think I've followed what you advise me, but it seems that ${~/extractdir}$ doesn't compile.
Attachments:
More
29 Aug 2016 15:59 #13 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic How to retrieve the name of an extracted Base64 file?
Your AEL_PATH_BASE64 metadata is a folder. => no need to use ref:directory().

$AEL_PATH_BASE64/tech:path() should work better
More
29 Aug 2016 16:49 #14 by Josserand BRINON
Unfortunately, I have the same behaviour with %x{$AEL_PATH_BASE64/tech:path()}x%

I wonder if the visibility set to "parent" for the parameter depends on the level of the process where the object is.
I mean this process is not the main process: it's a child process.
So I wonder if "parent" means "the main process" or just the higher level from the position of the object (here: the child process).

Is that clear? :blink:

Thank you.
More
29 Aug 2016 16:58 #15 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic How to retrieve the name of an extracted Base64 file?
What is the value of "extractdir" in the "Variable" view? Is it correct?
If the process which contains extractdir is a child process, then you have to adapt the syntax when using the parameter, for example: ${~/subprocess1/subsubprocess/extractdir}$
More
29 Aug 2016 17:58 #16 by Josserand BRINON
Great! It works.
But I notice an inconvenient with this syntax: I always have to execute the main process, otherwise this syntax won't work, will it?
Can I define a variable that allows me to execute either the main process, or the subprocess without need to change the syntax? It is usefull for the unit tests.

I hope it is my last question on this topic ;)
More
31 Aug 2016 12:57 #17 by Thomas BLETON
You can define a Metadata Variable and use it as %{PdfExtractdir}% in the mapping (don't forget to drag and drop it in the mapping diagram)

Or re-publish your parameter as a root process variable, using a scripting action :
__ctx__.publishVariable("~/PdfExtractdir", "${../extractdir}$");
... and use it as ${~/PdfExtractdir}$
More
01 Sep 2016 12:16 #18 by Josserand BRINON
Ok, I see.
I think I would prefer the scripting solution, because there isn't any object to "maintain".

Thank you again Thomas.